Health plans, hospitals and other managed care organizations across the country are finding a better way to collect data from physicians and other licensed healthcare providers.
CAQH's Universal Provider Datasource streamlines the process of collecting provider data for credentialing and other business applications, yielding higher quality information than traditional paper processes. With access to comprehensive provider information, you can optimize credentialing workflows, improve provider directories and focus your organization on using data instead of collecting it.
Participating health plans have reported one or more of the following efficiencies by using the service:
- Decreased average processing turnaround time by 8 - 10 days
- Reduced frequency of returned provider correspondence due to poor address quality by 80 - 85 percent
- Near elimination (97 percent) of new provider initial credentialing packet mailings
- Reduced number of legacy re-credentialing mailings (e.g. savings reported by one regional plan: $75,000 - $120,000)
- Reduced sanctions monitoring resources by 56 percent
- Proactive notification of provider directory data (e.g. addresses, emails, languages spoken)
- Reallocated legacy paper credentialing application storage space
Flexibility for Unique Plan Needs
Each health plan is unique. A credentialing solution must allow plans flexibility. Universal Provider Datasource was designed by health plans to accommodate a wide range of needs:
- Manage your recredentialing cycles more efficiently
- Receive credentialing information in ASCII, XML or PDF formats
- Support is available through a toll-free support desk or via email, or through a dedicated Account Manager, to assist with getting started
- Identify providers who have received sanctions and other disciplinary actions